[wp-polyglots] 2.6 POT now also on Pootle

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Fri Jul 18 15:07:46 GMT 2008

G'day everyone

Just a short mail to confirm that I've added the 2.6 POT file to our
Pootle server at pootle.locamotion.org, in case anyone is interested in
translating WordPress using Pootle.

Example:
http://pootle.locamotion.org/af/wordpress/

You'll notice that we have 9 files on Pootle instead of just 1.  This is
because I've broken the one POT file into nine smaller files for ease of
use.  The 9 files can easily be merged by simply copying them together
(there are no duplicate strings).

There are also three other files in the Pootle project for WordPress,
namely pootle-terminology.po (the 75 most used words in WordPress,
useful to translate first), readme_html.po (the readme.html file) and
wordpress_PHP-additions.po (most of the stuff that you need to insert
manually into the two PHP files).

For more information about using Pootle for translating WordPress, read
here please:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/wordpress
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/wordpress_files
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/quickstart

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Sincerely
Samuel

Samuel Murray samuel at translate.org.za
Decathlon, for volunteer opensource translations
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/