[wp-polyglots] Import problem - Kurdish (Sorani) (ckb) - wordpress in WordPress 2.5

Jovan Kostovski chombium at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:30:55 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Sia Neriman <sia6363 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> we have the old version Wordpress 2.2.1  translated, want to translate new
> version to wordpress 2.5.1
> can i import the wordpress 2.2.1 .PO to new version 2.5.1? or we must
> completely translate from begins?

I don't know how you can import translation in launchpad, but as far as I see
from this [1] QA on launchpad, merging a translation only needs uploading the
translated po file.

In Linux you can use the following command:

msgmerge <2.2.1 po> <2.5.1 pot> -o <2.5.1 po>

Change the content in the brackets with the proper filenames.
The msgmerge utility is part of gettext tools.

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+question/24542

Cheers, Jovan