[wp-polyglots] Translation of Kubrick theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Jan 15 19:37:47 GMT 2008

2008/1/15, Milan Dinić <liste at srpski.biz>:
> I read this article on SVN Book, but from my understanding, those examples
> there are not same as WordPress, in mean of use branches and trunk
> directory. Thats why I'm asking here.
>
> I checked some language repositories ( e.g. Bulgarian) and I understood that
> use of branches and tags is:
> in branches we put latest files from current branch (e.g. currently in 2.3
> we put 2.3.2 and if there appears new version we put it there); if developed
> is moved to new branch ( e.g. 2.4), we leave this folder with latest version
> from current branch (e.g. in 2.2 that would be 2.2.3).
>
> In trunk we put latest development, so it should be same as latest branch
> folder.
>
> Is this correct?

Not exactly. The latest branch folder and trunk (current development)
are not the same thing.

Here is how it goes:

The current development is done in trunk. When version 2.3 was
released,  trunk was copied into branches/2.3 and 2.4 development
continued in trunk. The 2.3 was used to accomodate the bug-fixes for
the 2.3 series, for eTodayxample the 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 version were
built from the 2.3 branch.

Thus both current development was able to advance, adding new,
unstable, features and the 2.3 series could live their own life of bug
and security fixes.

In light of the translation process, it is best just to replicate the
wordpress branch structure in your repository, so that you can
translate different versions in parallel. For example, I am
translating 2.3.2 in bg_BG/branches/2.3 and the current 2.5 source in
bg_BG/trunk.

Nikolay.