AW: [wp-polyglots] catalan locale on wordpress.org

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Thu Jan 10 20:41:18 GMT 2008

Hello,

I would distinguish between the title of the locale sites <locale>.wordpress.org and any list of available translations that is shown at  wordpress.org.

I think, too, as Nikolay pointed out, that the title of the local site should be decided by its translators, they do know what best fits their language and culture.

But if on wordpress.org there is a list of all available localisations, I think it is correct not to show the local site title (I think such a list woud be awful, too, as René says) but a list such as language / country (except if there is only 1 country for this language, in this case only language).

Indeed there is already such a list on wordpress.org, at the home page depending upon browser language settings one sees a yellow note such as (I copy what I see: )
"WordPress is also available in Deutsch and Français." (This is resp. the local name for the language, not the local site title.) This sentence is actually either english, nor german, nor french, but I find it ok -- as far as only one alfabet is involved..., or at least only one read direction left-to-right or right-to-left...

Best regards,

Francesc