AW: [wp-polyglots] catalan locale on wordpress.org

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Thu Jan 10 07:02:20 GMT 2008

Hello,

I think harmonization is good, as far as it does not conflict with localisation. The german locale Site de.wordpress.org uses the country name, because there are (or could be) other localisations in the same language (german) from other countries (i.e. Austria, Switzerland).  If the site title were "German", this would be missleading. On the other side, the catalan locale Site uses the language name, because this is the localisation for all catalan speaking countries (including Spain, France, Andorra and Italy), there would never be another catalan locale. There is a big difference between a language such as German with 100 Million native speakers and a language such as Catalan with under 10 Million native speakers. I think this difference at the site title is correct.

Best Regards,

Francesc