[wp-polyglots] catalan locale on wordpress.org

René Clausen Nielsen rcn at shevy.dk
Wed Jan 9 09:19:43 GMT 2008

Sorry to be a pain guys, but maybe we should try a harmonization of the
locale sites? I for one am +1 on the use of local wording. But how about
agreeing on either language or country/region? If possible, of course.

That is, should it be "WordPress | Deutsch" or "WordPress | Deutschland",
"WordPress | Català" or "WordPress | Catalunya", "WordPress | Português
Brasileiro" or "WordPress | Brasil" and so forth (sorry if I got any of
those wrong, but I'm sure you get my point).

In my opinion language should be the denominator as WordPress should be a
global effort in different languages, not specific for different countries.
If I go to wp.org, I would look for WordPress in another language than
English, not for WordPress from another country or region.

Whatever your stance on this, I would appreciate it if
da.wordpress.orgcould be changed to "Dansk" instead of "WordPress DK".

Cheers,

René

<rcn at shevy.dk>