[wp-polyglots] A general question on procedure

José Fontainhas jfontainhas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:11:52 GMT 2008

Now that the 2.7 storm is subsiding, I'd like to ask a question
regarding changes to the POT file. My apologies if this is documented
somewhere, in which case feel free to send me RTFM. It has to do with,
but is certainly not restricted to,  the recent discussions on "basic
feminine form" and "plurals", very few of which have actually made it to
the POT.

Should we create tickets in Trac? Alert Nikolay through the list?

My doubt arises from the fact that some changes are, or appear to be,
trivial (i.e. "Published" pages and posts), while others might impact
the code in core a little deeper (and I suspect that most of us
translators are not in a position to evaluate how big an impact). To me,
it feels like the common-sense approach would be to create tickets in
Trac, but again, given the amount of strings discussed in the last
weeks, I certainly do not want to flood Trac with (potentially trivial)
i18n tickets...

How do you do it?

Jose