[wp-polyglots] Time format in general settings need teawk

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:44:12 GMT 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:40:37 +0100, "Xavier Borderie"
<xavier at borderie.net> wrote:

>>>I propose to have explanation like this:
>>>
>>>1) am/pm lowercase
>>>2) AM/PM uppercase
>>>3) 24 hours
>>>
>>>Suggestion about this description are welcome.
>>
>> Bump
>
>Thing is, the i18n version is also very useful, 'cos it allows to
>follow the correct local typography.
>For instance, with your proposition, we could only get the "HH:MM" or
>"HH:MM:SS" forms, whereas the fr_FR translation gives "HH h MM min" or
>"HH h MM min SS s", which is the correct way to write it.

There is the free form...

>Also, the free-form field let's the user do it any way he feels like,
>so that's a bonus too.

This form is set to a locale value cause is gettexd too.

>Other than that, I'm fine with your three propositions - but that
>would make 5 choices, then :)

Well cause it's too late for 2.7 I can arrange a patch with 5 entries
for 2.7.1... I think that having first time formate l10n and not the
second and third is a bit strange... We can set the 2 standard
predefined time format, a predefine and l10n one for locale with a
description i10n too and the free form for people that want a tsrnage
time format of theyr choise. Even if i think that the free form can be
set by localization team standard to theyr locale with a description
like: this is a free form time format field, the default value is for
XXXXX countri and is h:g (just an example). So if someone chnage it
can set it back knowing what it the right correct locale format.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it