[wp-polyglots] Month name variations in Polish and locale site request

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Tue Dec 2 07:47:19 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 20:05, Wacław Jacek <waclawjacek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys! :)

Hey Wacław,

> I wanted to point out the fact that nouns in Polish have variants - it
> depends on the context you use them in. While I can make most of the
> strings fit the context and retain proper Polish syntax there's a
> problem with month names.

We will leave the rest of the differentiations for 2.8. Too many of
them piled up in the beta/RC period. It will change too many strings
right before the translators are done with their work. Please, file a
ticket in trac.

> I guess the dates are fetched from PHP's date() so implementing such a
> feature would require
> some planning. It's not a serious issue, though the lack of it
> spoils the impression a bit. :)
>
> I'd also like to request a locale site for WordPress in Polish. Here are
> the required details:
>
> 1. Subdomain: pl.wordpress.org
> 2. Title: Polska
> 4. Locale code: pl_PL
> 5. Administrators' usernames: waclawjacek

http://pl.wordpress.org/wp-admin/

Don't forget to build a package from Zarządzaj -> Tłumaczenia pl_PL.