[wp-polyglots] translation of empty string

Huda Toriq hudatoriq at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:39:55 GMT 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 3:57 AM, Sol B. Salpagarov <salpagarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
> I have a some questions fo you :) asking on the forum gives me
> reference to talk about is with you.
>
> http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=19040&page&replies=3
>
> Who is a Russian moderator on translate.wordpress.com?
> Can we contact him?
> Can I be moderator, otherwise? :)
> Becouse we wait few days for appoving our pending phase :(
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sol

I've been keeping the same question for a long time. The self hosted
WP translation should be synchronized with WP.com.

In addition, in Indonesia we have a group called i15n [1]. It is the
place where localization maintainer of many softwares discuss and
share their knowledge and experience in software translation. Our
objective is to establish uniformity among Indonesian localization
projects and better language standard. I join the group and keeps
discussing the WP translation and compare them with other software.

I see that WP.com translation for my language is still poor in
language consistency, and I don't know how to contact the one who's
responsible for moderating the translation.

Online translation interface is good to boost the translation process.
But when it comes to validation, revision and correction it gives the
pain to the moderator. In the other hand, offline translation using
translation tool like poEdit makes it easier to do cross-checking
between strings, producing better translation quality.

--
Huda Toriq
http://hudatoriq.web.id/