[wp-polyglots] 2.3 Beta 1 & strings descriptions

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Tue Aug 28 13:35:46 GMT 2007

Hey there,

> Thus you can both reorder the three strings and actually know what you
> are reordering. Handy, isn't it?

Might be, but in effect, that still seems incomprehensible in some
parts. Here the two strings I found in the wp23b1 pot:
%1$s%2$s%3$s|manage pages header
%1$s%2$s%3$s%4$s%5$s|manage posts header

Even with the clarification, I don't really understand what this
string produces, and actually put in my PO's comment field "To be
checked within context". If we still have to check within a test
installation how a string renders, then I'm afraid that the new
clarification system is a bit useless.

A priori, I'm all for Friedel Wolff's suggestion of using comments,
which display just fine in poEdit. For now, the new system doesn't
seem to improve my workflow - or maybe I missed something.

Also, these three new lines could use some explanation:
number_format_decimals
number_format_decimal_point
number_format_thousands_sep

While I can guess what these are for, they could use a comment/clarification.

Finally, could this be a bug?

--
Xavier Borderie