[wp-polyglots] How to merge multiple PO files?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Jan 9 13:38:14 GMT 2006

Il Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:17:50 +0200, Kimmo Suominen
<kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com> scrive:

>On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:47:14PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
>> get n old .po if there is one (for 1.5.2) and use poEdit, thee is  an
>> option Update from POT file that update the .po with new strings,
>> removing onlder one. I suppose that most of we translators use poedit.
>
>I use poEdit, too -- it is much nicer to use than Rosetta.
>
>How do you all coordinate the work of multiple translators?  If everyone
>edits the PO file independently, how do you merge the results?

Actually we don't :) I usually do the first rough translation then I
pass it to one of two other trasnsaltor for revioson, he passes to the
third. After this any teawk, mino changes new proposal for how to
translate a term is done by email and i update the .po file as i do
syncking it with the WP SVN.

I do not know any way with poedit to merge different .po.

I collected the .po files of all the transaltions (non only WP but
plugis and theme to an i keppe an updated dictionary so i oftn use
automatica translations for new .po files. This helps to have same
sentence or ords always tansalted in the same way.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it