[wp-polyglots] Witch POT choose and how to merge it with the last PO file

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Jan 9 12:47:14 GMT 2006

Il Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:17:44 +0100 (CET), "Txopi"
<txopi at sindominio.net> scrive:

>http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/tags/2.0/wordpress.pot
>http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/trunk/wordpress.pot

tags/2.0 rfer to curret distribution, the other one is with all updted
stringes and typos correction of the developmente version. I uggest
you to use this last one that will work flawlessy with 2.0

>I suppose gnu-gettext, kbabel, gtranslator or poedit have an option to do
>this but i'm really lost with so many options (i just use vi and msgfmt).
>Can someone tell me how he/she generates the PO file recicling the work
>done before?

get n old .po if there is one (for 1.5.2) and use poEdit, thee is  an
option Update from POT file that update the .po with new strings,
removing onlder one. I suppose that most of we translators use poedit.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it