[wp-polyglots] Missing string

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Thu Feb 16 08:09:25 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:46:24PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
> Il Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:06:08 +0330, Ali Sattari <ali_ix at corelist.net>
> scrive:
>
> >Hi,
> >More isnt in language file because you can specify it in your template
> >with content tag :
> >the_content('more text") within the loop.
> >

> No I think he's right, in that lines it's defined the default value
> for the <!--more--> tag in the_content() function and that (more...)
> will be used if no parametres is passed to the function.
>
> I'm opening a ticket on TRAC now and submitting a patch, the ticket
> is:
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2452

I think the defaults should actually really be in English, always.

Many themes are in English and don't support localization.  If you run
such a theme on a localized install, you will have some unpleasant mixed
language on the resulting public pages.

As a good example of this, themes call wp_loginout() which results in a
localized login/logout link, even if the public pages are intended in
some other language (e.g. English).

As part of localizing a theme, an explicit parameter to all such
functions should be passed, so that the resulting public pages can
uniformly use a single language correctly.

In other words, all theme localization should come from the language
file (po file) of the theme only, *not* from the backend language file
(the one in wp-includes/languages).

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--