[wp-polyglots] How does WP handle Gettext?

Karl Wångstedt kalle at wangstedt.net
Sun Apr 16 13:32:31 GMT 2006

I'm trying to optimize my WP installation for speed, and I've come
upon an issue I really don't understand. I've installed and compiled
PHP5 with gettext, but it seems like WP still is using the phpgettext
function instead.

I get quite a big slow-down on my server when using phpgettext
(although it's much faster now than before), and I wonder if there's
a way to get WP to use the "real" compiled gettext with PHP instead?

Or is there no benefit in doing so?

Thanks
Karl Wångstedt

W W W . W A N G S T E D T . N E T