[wp-polyglots] trunk or branches ?

Xavier Borderie xavier.borderie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:10:01 GMT 2005

Good day, gentle people.

I'd like to (at last) start working on the 1.5.1 POT, but still want
to keep the original 1.5 PO/MO safe and sound. While it seems obvious
that the work-in-progress for 1.5.1 should be located in
/trunk/messages/, I'm just wonderering, and therefore asking for
opinions, on where to store, indefinitely, the 1.5 files. Namely, I'm
hesitating between these two locations in the repository :
* /trunk/messages/1.5/
* /branches/messages/1.5/

I find /trunk/ the more obvious choice, as it is not really a
branching of the original PO, just a safekeeper in case of need, but
hey, some other people, more used to SVN philosophy than I, may have a
different opinion. So I'm asking : what's your safe bet ? How do you
manage the different versions.

(I'm not planning on hosting the files on my own site, as we never
know if I'm not gonna sell my domain to get super-mega-rich some day,
and would rather use the repository as a central source for it all.)

Thanks.

x.