[wp-polyglots] Common Mistakes

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Tue Mar 8 02:31:46 GMT 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 9:26 AM, Stefano wrote:
> the .po/.mo files we generate are UTF-8, but cause all special chars
> are entities i think there should be no problem, shouldn't be ?
>
> (answer form developpers will help)

No, there's no issue with character encoding if all special characters
are escaped with character entities. Of course, this assumes that the
character encoding handles the standard ASCII range of Latin
characters; I'm not familiar enough with other exotic encodings to know
if there are any that don't. There should be no issue with the commonly
used Latin-based ones though; that's the reason for character entities:
they can be universally interpreted regardless of character encoding.

Morgan