[wp-polyglots] Esperanto version of WordPress 1.5

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Mar 7 06:51:27 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:41 +0900, Bertilo Wennergren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I run WordPress on "http://bertilow.com/blogo/" in Esperanto (and also
> a bit in German). I just translated WP 1.5 for my own needs, but I
> also packaged a basic Esperanto version (without my own extras) that
> can be downloaded from
> "http://www.bertilow.com/komputo/WordPress_1.5_Esperanto.zip".
>
> I'm not sure if I sure register myself somewhere as maintainer of the
> Esperanto version.

I added your translations to
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/eo/

If you would like to be the Esperanto maintainer, send an email to this
list requesting maintainership of the eo locale.

> BTW, it's a pity that it's not enough to translate de ".po" file.
> There is lots of stuff hidden inside the ".php" files that needs to be
> translated as well. I hope this will improve in upcoming versions. It
> did improve between 1.2 and 1.5. It also seems that the installation
> pages ("install.php", "wp-settings.php"...) can't be translated with
> the "po" at all (adding lines to the "po" file does nothing). Is that
> a bug?

Yes, it's a bug.  We're trying to fix all such bugs in 1.5.1.  The
latest pot file already contains many fixes.  Only the messages in the
default theme and readme.html should need to be translated outside of
a .po file.

Latest POT:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/trunk/wordpress.pot

Ryan