[wp-polyglots] Common Mistakes

K Suominen ksuominen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:22:29 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:40:41 -0800, Morgan Doocy <morgan at doocy.net> wrote:
> - de_DE, cs_CZ, fi_FI: removed "_*_abbreviation" from the month
> abbreviation translations, and "_*_initial" from the weekday initial
> translations.

I prefer using *_*_abbreviation and *_*_initial in the translation, as
it is easier to understand what the strings are.  As long as the
string matches the above patterns it works fine with the code (i.e.
the word after the last _ must not be translated).

This is not the only mistranslation I've found by going through a
translated site in production... :-)

> With the exception of zh_CN, I regenerated all MO files for those
> locales that were corrected.

Please use entities when regenerating the fi_FI.mo file, so that it
can be used with both UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.

Regards,
+ Kim