[wp-polyglots] Welsh complete, but lots of questions...

iwan wordpress at slebog.net
Thu Mar 3 11:10:45 GMT 2005

Hi

I've completed Welsh translations of the main pot, theme pot, readme and license.  What next?  I did
send a message to the list saying I was willing to be a maintainer, but do I need any extra info or can
I just commit via SVN with my forum login?

Lots of other questions too, I'm afraid...(!)

Naming of the translation: is the country code mandatory?  In many cases this seems unneccessary.
Languages tend not to stay put within national boundaries, so maybe the country code is only need
to note different versions of the same language (e.g. American and British English) ?  The only other
use for country codes is for locale info on currencies, date formats etc.  WP has no currencies, and
the date can be customised via the admin pages anyway, yes?

Is there any way to localise the "cockneyreplace" function?  (It puts the right curly quote in front of
words such as 'twas).  This would be very useful for Welsh. which has many words like that.

Is there a procedure for localising docs and info on the Codex?  e.g. in previous WPs. the info on the
we have a standard way of adding pages to the Codex in different languages, and use those links in
the translation?

I'm sure I have other questions too, but that'll do for now!

Thanks
iwan