[wp-polyglots] Latest POT file missing strings

Rafael Bracho rxb at rxbtech.com
Thu Jul 28 20:26:46 GMT 2005

Thanks for the post.  I did have the latest .mo/.po files.  I was
actually talking aobut the .pot file but that turned out to be a
poEdit problem that wasn't letting me see some strings (sigh).

The problem is that these files are using the HTML notation for
accented characters (e.g. ˜ and so on) and that was not
working in some strings with my web server -- I have no idea why.

I got things to work using a .mo file encoded with UTF-8.  I got
that one from http://www.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/~chema/wp-1.5-es.
Thanks to José de Jesús Sánchez Betanzos (http://www.jesusbet.net)
for that pointer.

There are still a few words interspersed in the PHP code (resulting
in "<authorname> on <date>", with the 'on' not passing through
gettext, for instance) but that's minor stuff.

Thanks again,

                                       -Rafael