[wp-polyglots] While waiting...

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun Jul 17 11:07:20 GMT 2005

It looks like few team had really made a full localized version of WP
and from WP people there is any info about having the locales versione
done having a palce in the WP showcase, excetp links in the Codex
pages.

It looks like there is any plan to have themes and plugins localized
too, all the effort to this is demanded to the desire fo the
developpers to make them internationalized.

We at the WP Italy are making some works to have theme and plugin
localized, lookig for theme and plugin ready for translations (very
few) and collaborating with some developper to make theyr theme and
plugin available for localization. I suppose maybe other team did this
by theyr own, i think it' time to share this info here so the "libary"
of theme and plugin available in other laguases will increase.

Actually we have realeased an Italina version for :

Themes:

NikyNik (http://www.nikynik.com/wpstyles) developped by an Italian
author we help him to have the them fully localizable

Almost Spring (http://www.wordpress-it.it/stats/download.php?id=6)
adapted by us to be localized

Connections (http://www.wordpress-it.it/stats/download.php?id=7)
adapted by us to be localized

Giraffe (http://www.urbangiraffe.com/themes/giraffe)
we collaborated with the author to help him to have the them fully
localizable

We are going to rwealease green-marinèe in a localizable version too,
we are waiting the answer from the author to know if he plans to have
the internationalized version downloadable in his site or not.

For the plugin:

Galleryo ()
A photogallery plugin

Subscribe to comments
(http://txfx.net/code/wordpress/subscribe-to-comments/)

Google Site Maps Generator 2.0
(http://www.arnebrachhold.de/get/sitemap/sitemap.incl.lang.zip)
Actually available in Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Deutch, English

WP-ContactForm
(http://ryanduff.net/download/plugins/wp-contactform-1.2.zip)
We realeseed the files for italian

We are going to realease the italian file for wp-db-backup we have
collaborated to make the plugin internationalized and this weekend a
new version should be available by the author.

If others team have made a similar works with other theme and plugin
would be nice to have them listed here so we can make locales versions
too.

Would be nice if the WP team will make themes in theyr showcase that
are available in more than one language available for download with
all the language files actually available. I know that they are
looking for a theme/plugin manager for the showcase, if someone of
them read me I'm here available to help ( itried to email Matt time
ago but no answer)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)