[wp-polyglots] Translating a new template

Richard M. Pavonarius richpav at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 15:04:50 GMT 2005

Hello, this is the first time I've needed to dive into
gettext.

I've spent a few hours reading the localization pages
in the codex but don't have a complete understanding
yet.

I'd like to use a template called "almost-spring" in
Japanese. Not all the strings are displaying in
Japanese, and I assume it's because I need to generate
a new POT file.

What do I use to generate the POT file, and how do I
leverage the previous translation work in the
translation for this template? Is there WP documention
on doing this that I've overlooked?

Thanks,

Rich