[wp-polyglots] Bunch of new strings

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Sat Dec 3 12:45:42 GMT 2005

Pandem wrote:
> Nikolay,
>
> I have the last POT with the new strings, but on revision 3264
> akismet.php keeps being untagged. Where did you extract the POT from? Is
> it going to be actualized soon?

The pot is always emerged from the latest wordpress sources and it is
usually actualized after every change in localizable strings. Well,
sometimes there are delays, but I hope these are rare cases :)

Actually the pot was updated some minutes ago.

Akismet still has some strings uninternationalized and I have proposed a
patch. It may take time for Matt to review it, accept it and maybe apply it.

> I am having some trouble with html entities, they aren't parsed inside
> javascripts. An example of this is the on-the-fly categories Add button,
> in Spanish we need a ñ here. We can look for a synonim here but
> it would be better to find a global solution, because it may not be so
> easy for other languages and other strings.

First of all - why don't you just insert the literal character ñ? All
the wordpress pages are utf8-encoded.

If you for some reasons do not want to enter literal symbols in
javascript string you could do the following:

0. find the unicode value of your character. If you know it as an html
entity you could use [0] or [1]. If you just know the charcater, you
caould use [2]. Or use whatever way you want to grasp the hexadecimal
unicode value of your symbol.

1. in the javascript string enter \u{unicode-value} where
{unicode-value} is the value yielded in point 0. For example the ndtilde
is expressed as \u00d1.

Have a nice Saturday,
Nikolay

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/entities.html