[wp-polyglots] Badly tagged strings in POT

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Thu Dec 1 11:15:56 GMT 2005

I just updated my locale PO with the latest POT, which added quite a
bunch of strings to translate, as I expected
It strikes me that some of them seem useless, or badly tagged. Here
are a bunch of examples. (newline means separate string)

Bad - I don't think the enclosing tags are need IN the string :

<del>No Thumbnail</del>

<h3>WordPress bookmarklet</h3>\n
to create a posting shortcut.</p>

file into your blog. This is useful if you want to import your posts
from a system that is not handled by a custom import tool. Pick an RSS
file to upload and click Import.</p>

Textpattern 4.0.2+ into your blog. This has not been tested on
previous versions of Textpattern.  Mileage may vary.</p>

And so on...

Useless - but I might be wrong, of course :

<form action=\"admin.php?import=textpattern&amp;step=1\" method=\"post\">

</form>

<form action=\"admin.php?import=textpattern&amp;step=2\" method=\"post\">

<input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Import Users\" />

<form action=\"admin.php?import=textpattern&amp;step=3\" method=\"post\">

type=\"text\" name=\"dbuser\" /></li>

And so on...

There are many of these in the latest batch of new strings, and it
doesn't feel right to translate around them. Could this be fixed for
2.0 ? Should I open a Trac ticket about all of these ?

Thanks for taking this into account.

x.