[wp-polyglots] Localization Articles on the Codex.

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Mon Aug 8 14:49:17 GMT 2005

To help clarify things with the Codex, here are the three "new" pages
that officially support the Translation of WordPress:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language is the listing of
all the languages available. It is now sorted by language/country
section so it is much easier to navigate. There are currently 35
languages listed, though some information maybe outdated. Please help us
keep this updated.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language is
about the technique of installing WordPress in Your Language. It is the
installation information for all languages.  Any specialized
installation instructions should be in that specific language section on
the WordPress in Your Language page, not here, to keep language related
topics together. This article is for the general installation instructions.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress is about the
translation process of WordPress.  This is a huge document and might
need to be broken down into subpages, so please take a look at it and
please let us know if there are improvements that can be made to make
this document more efficient and practical.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Translation_and_Languages We've just
started this. Before, localization and language plugins were spread
around, and we're still collecting them and adding them to this new
section featuring related plugins.

We've made these improvements fairly recently and are still seeking
input on how to better provide information for localization issues. The
Codex also hosts foreign language versions and it seems the French
version of the Codex is getting a lot of translation attention recently.
Wonderful!

Here are the various language versions of the Codex on the main
WordPress Codex site:

Spanish: http://codex.wordpress.org/es:Main_Page
French: http://codex.wordpress.org/fr:Main_Page
Dutch: http://codex.wordpress.org/nl:Codex_Richtlijnen

If properly labeled with the [[Category:Translating Wordpress]] category
tag at the bottom of the articles, articles associated with localization
of WordPress should be found in the Codex at
http://codex.wordpress.org/Category:Translating_WordPress. If you find
any articles without that tag, please add it so we can properly
categorize these documents to help you and users find the information
they need.

I hope this helps. Please let me or anyone on the documentation team
know if we can help provide more adequate information on the Codex.  And
thanks for the hard work that you all do.

Lorelle