[wp-install] Installation on Windows servers?

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 05:39:29 GMT 2006

>Thanks guys - I did find the solution and it worked out on the >GoDaddy server.

I had a few of those types already sigh.. They pretty much just had their host switch them over to Linux servers.. because their host told them, they'd be better off with it anyway..

> The other guy - when I tried to log into his stuff and attempt the fix there - apparently he gave up without saying anything.  Everything I had already done was completely wiped out, and he installed Pivot (doesn't require a database).
>
> Kinda makes you want to email them and say "Thanks for letting me know *you* gave up while I've been banging my head trying to find a solution for you for two days.  I appreciate the heads up on that.  Next time I'll buy a smaller bottle of Excedrin, and maybe take some time out to fix my family dinner rather than worry about you."
>
> ARGH.  Okay, it wasn't *that* bad - I *did* stop to make dinner LOL. But sheesh, you think they'd say something, you know?
>
> Anyway, thanks for the help - I posted the "solution" in the comments.
>
> :)
>
> ~Shelly

LOL! I know exactly how you feel.. Like I said in a few replies back, that's what the one person did.. except he just used the Fantastico option to install WP... It's like, THANKS MAN!! Thanks a million for the heads up, or telling me you deleted ALL the files I uploaded for ya..

Makes ya feel like going through their puter screens to ring some necks LOL! =P  Just kidding.. well, kind of lol.. haha

>(who hopes everyone realizes she has a *very* sarcastic >sense of humor)

I realize it.. I do it sometimes myself lmao.. Well, I just did do it above there.. hahaha.. ;) =)

spencerp