[Wp-install] I think it's time..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:58:53 GMT 2006

To remove the "unanswered" install requests, in the moderation queue, what you all think?

With the on going new requests these past few days, weeks..with the "promotion" of the Install4free service, in the Codex, and the sticky thread of mine, made in the Installation forum... I think it's time to get rid of ones like this below here:

"MichaelH comments: MichaelH has contacted user and is awaiting response from the user UTC 2006-07-15 2:18:09 pm .

Jul 15, 10:07 AM"

IMHO, I think "they" are just cluttering up the moderation queue page, not to mention load times for those with Dial up connections. Well, I mean just me.. =P

Also, who else wants to be OFF the "Installers list"? One has already mentioned to me, that they no longer felt they could be available to help install for people, they had also asked to be off the "installers list". In which, the day after getting that email, I had removed them from the list.

IMO, there is a few others that *could be* removed from the list, since we had no word from them, in how long, haven't seen anyone else in the moderation queue doing installs, except for, MichaelH, Doodlebee, Samboll, and I..

I already know where HandySolo stands on this, so..it only leaves the other few there...
http://install4free.wordpress.com/?page_id=10

I know "paid gigs" get in the way of things, and I know "life and offline jobs" also do the same, just was throwing out the question, just to be sure.. ;)

With that said, who thinks "we" could bring aboard *other* installers, to "replace" those that haven't been installing, or chooses to be off the "installers list"? Or, do you "feel" with the current installers, that we are pretty well set?

I noticed MichaelH, and Doodlebee have been really active lately, knocking out tons of installs, almost as if "they" were in competition with each other lmao!! =P Anyway, sometimes I just feel like why bother anymore.. I dunno why I think that, but.. just do.. =(

All the "requests" I've been handling lately, are, sad to say.. pain in the arses. Either they are setup on Windows servers, don't have ALL their information as asked for, don't have their informations correct at all, don't databases setup on their accounts, don't have indexs setup on their accounts, delete ALL the WP files that I did already upload, only to use the Fantastico option in the CPanel anyways..

Alot of the install requests that I had lately, are almost done within weeks worth of time, or so, because of the above following problems..  I know it's not going to be "cake" all the time, just saying..

I dunno, sometimes I even feel like hanging up my hat, and moving onto something else.. =( Anyway, please let me know what ya'll think.. I'm out for now.. later..

spencerp