[Wp-install] So...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 00:36:45 GMT 2006

> So like, maybe my pay the bills stuff is slowing down a bit.  With a bit of
> luck, I just might be able to dive into some installs this weekend.
>
> I have the username and password to log into the install4free blog.
> What else do I need to know?  presumably there's a process of some sort in
> place?

While in there (Blog's Control Panel)  Go to => Manage => Awaiting Moderation 128 / Moderation Queue

Then, scroll to the bottom of page to find the latest comments that haven't been "marked" by another installer. You'll see through other comments how things are done..  When you find a "request" that you wanna handle, EDIT it and add something like this to it, wrap it <strong> </strong> tags..

<strong>HandySolo comments - HandySolo has contacted user and is awaiting response - UTC 2006-09-21 8:29:00 pm</strong>

Save edit, grab that user's email address, send them the following type of email to them:

Subject: Hello (their name), Inregards to your Install4free request.

Email Content:

Hello (Their Name),

I'm known as HandySolo on the WordPress Support Forums, I'm also a Moderator there.
http://wordpress.org/support/profile/38527

I'm also one of the Installers, for the Install4free site.
http://install4free.wordpress.com/?page_id=10

You've asked that we install WordPress for you, or help you with the current installation of your WordPress.

Once you provide the following information, I'll  proceed to install
WordPress 2.0.4 at the domain you specify.

What folder on your domain name would you like us to install WordPress in? (Example: The root, so it's right on your domain.com, or.. domain.com/blog)

Who is your host (example www.godaddy.com)?

Where do you login to manage your host account (example Cpanel login)?

What is your host login?

What is your host password?

What is your ftp URL/IP address?

What is your ftp username?

What is your ftp password?

Thank you.

HandySolo

( your email addy / contact stuff here )

Then, just wait until they reply back to you with their info, if you didn't get enough info, just specify again, that you need such and such informations, to be able to take care of the install. ;)  Once you install it for them, just email them back, telling them what their blog's URL is, blog's user and pass for login and so forth..

spencerp

I know it's a brief explanation, but.. someone else can chip in and explain some then. ;) Or, I'll talk to you more about it on GoogleTalk or Live Mess lol.