[Wp-install] Times

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Tue Jul 11 20:48:30 GMT 2006

From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>

> TechGnome wrote:
> > OH shoot.... I knew there was a problem with that... I would imagine
> > they are not grabable by the feed, at least I would hope not.... and
> > since we are on wp.com,  there's no way to hack the feed files.....
> > hmmm.... I'll have to figure out something else then.....can we .....
> > wait, this list is public isn't it? I was thinking that the list could
> > be notified when a comment goes into moderation, but I think it also
> > sends a copy of the comment in the email.... and if this is a publicly
> > viewable list (ala archives) then we've got the risk of user names and
> > passwords being available when they shouldn't be.
>
> Emailing this list.. we'll see what comes through. Though I imagine it's
> what you said above TG.

If you wanted to use the list as a 'notification' device...

Matt can configure the question "Is archive file source for public or
private archival?" to be "private" so only list members can view the
archives.

Then Matt would have to subscribe the email address (e.g.
admin at install4free.wordpress.com??) that is being used by the install4free
website to send comments.  He could also set the "nomail" option on that
account so it doesn't receive email back from the list.

Michaelh