[wp-hackers] WP Backend "All Pages" Times Out From 6000+ Pages?

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 02:53:53 UTC 2015

6,000 pages is going to cause you problems in the admin area in
WordPress prior to the upcoming version 4.2, due to the way the page
tree is constructed.

In WordPress 4.2 the algorithm used on the Pages screen has been
greatly improved (ref: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15459),
so it operates in less time and uses much less memory. You can try a
beta from here if you like:
https://wordpress.org/news/2015/04/wordpress-4-2-beta-4/, or wait a
week or so for the actual release.

John