[wp-hackers] Alternative DB lib for load balancing

Bart Schouten list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Sep 6 00:22:35 UTC 2014

Thanks! That should prove useful some day.

>From what I see it is not a real parallel computing thing in the sense of
it being really advanced but it seems to rely on partitions of the data
set in order to simply say "this part gets stored there" and "this other
part gets stored elsewhere". But perhaps that only makes sense because
full redundancy would obviate any advantages; then again, we are talking
about db-reads mostly so any regular 'load balancing' strategy should be
sufficient or perfect for this as well... (?) . Actually, it seems pretty
awesome.

Regards,

Bart.