[wp-hackers] Fwd: [GSoC - 2014] Introducing Myself

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:47:40 UTC 2014

Hi Ian!
I have been reading more about the general WP Development recently. I must
say, it is helping me a lot. I am realizing the things that I mostly would
forget or take for granted without knowing why am I doing it. I think my
coding style would see a nice shift from what I had coded in the Simple
Plugins that I wrote to what I would develop after reading this.

Also, I have trying to think more about the Problems that may arise in
implementing the Plugin. The most prominent one that I could think of was
of Preventing the Spam (I guess, always a major problem in Forms). The
Sanitizing Functions like esc_ functions,data validation functions,
sanitize functions etc that I read about will be useful here. Any more
Ideas/suggestions would be more than welcome here.

I am working on my project application now.
Will keep you informed. :)

Regards,
Deven