[wp-hackers] Mobile in-app search [GSOC 2014]: Introducing myself

Eric Johnson eric at automattic.com
Mon Mar 3 18:19:22 UTC 2014

On 3/3/14, 11:49 AM, Sanjana Shankar wrote:
> Out of curiosity though, would the WordPress community be interested in
> seeing a context based search? It's a feature that I'd love to have. Would
> the forums be a better place to find out if other people would also like to
> have something like it?

Hi Sanjana,

I agree, its a neat idea. :) However, it sounded like it was focused on
the reader, which is something that requires a WordPress.com account to
get full use of.  Since, WordPress.org is the GSoC sponsor, we'd like to
focus on features that benefit the entire WP community.

That's my opinion anyway. Maybe someone else would like to chime in?

Eric