[wp-hackers] Introducing myself to WordPress community

Varun Agrawal varun at varunagw.com
Sun Mar 2 19:01:34 UTC 2014

>> Hi Varun, both of those projects would be creating plugins rather than working on Core itself, so if you're interested in becoming a Core contributor then you might want to consider some of the Core projects.

I am aware that both of these projects are related to plugin
development. I cannot say about Forms plugin but I have tried
SupportPress and it seems to make heavy use of core libraries that are
also used by WordPress. So, I think, porting it to a plugin will
definitely give a good experience of core and will be helpful in
becoming a core contributor.