[wp-hackers] Introducing myself to WordPress community

Ian Dunn ian at iandunn.name
Sun Mar 2 18:33:17 UTC 2014

On 3/2/14, 8:56 AM, Varun Agrawal wrote:
> I am interested
> in joining WordPress as a GSoC intern and also looking forward to
> become a WordPress core contributor after the summer. I have checked
> through Ideas page and I specifically interested in two ideas:
> A) SupportPress as a Plugin
> B) Forms Plugin

Hi Varun, both of those projects would be creating plugins rather than
working on Core itself, so if you're interested in becoming a Core
contributor then you might want to consider some of the Core projects.

> I am wondering if developing a WordPress plugin is required as part of
> application or it is optional?

If you'd like to apply for a plugin project, then it's better to have
experience developing plugins, but if you'd like to work on a Core
project then creating Core patches is better.