[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014: Form / Survey Plugin

Ian Dunn ian at iandunn.name
Sat Mar 1 23:41:35 UTC 2014

On 2/27/14, 2:23 PM, Quincy Kwende wrote:
> I haven't been active in the WordPress development community before, but
> I'm very interested to one day become a core contributor to the WordPress
> project.

Hi Quincy, if you're interested in working on Core, then the Forms
project might not be the best one for you. It will focus on building a
plugin, rather than contributing something to WordPress itself. Most of
the other project are related directly to Core, though.

> For the Form / Survey Plugin, here is a summary of my User Requirements:
> [...]
> I would be glad, if I can get advice and more ideas on the above project in
> order to have an awesome plugin.

Don't worry too much about that at this phase; we'll get into details
once an applicant is chosen. For now, just focus on learning more about
WordPress development in general and working on some patches on the Core
trac (if you want to work on a Core project), or the Meta trac (if you
want to work on a Community project).