[wp-hackers] Requirements for WP_Image_Editor?

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Sat Jan 4 11:13:40 UTC 2014

Hey Luke,

There is a ticket that tries to preserve the transparency for GIF but GD doesn’t work doesn’t work well so things can break. See https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13461.
My recommendation will always be that you need to use Imagick then. So there is a change that the ticket will be closed as good enough.

For Imagemagick you need the PHP module Imagick installed. If that isn’t installed then it will choose GD.
I guess that will be the case here. Otherwise the software is really outdated en you need to fix that.

Best,
Marko

Op 4 jan. 2014, om 06:35 heeft Luke Bryan <lukebryan at sharefaith.com> het volgende geschreven: