[wp-hackers] Requirements for WP_Image_Editor?

Luke Bryan lukebryan at sharefaith.com
Sat Jan 4 05:35:19 UTC 2014

Greetings all,

I've been having problems with the
WP_Image_Editor<http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Image_Editor>recently
- downsizing a gif with semitransparency will turn transparency to
black, and png can do that occasionally as well.

After digging into it I found that the WP_Image_Editor was using GD, not
Imagemagick - although Imagemagick was available, though it didn't seem to
have the PHP module set up, looking in phpinfo()... What are the
recommended ways to check what is keeping it from using Imagemagick?

I would file a bug on this, but am I correct in assuming this is one of the
somewhat well-known bugs in GD, rather than Wordpress' use of it?

Best regards,
Luke