[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Wed Feb 19 20:55:25 UTC 2014

Hi Chris, Chip,

We do evaluate the code. An inspection usually takes about an hour, and
we review the code for the things listed.

I can appreciate the point you're making here, but we do need that
process to result in some conclusion that we can use to decide what to
do. And as far as we're concerned, plugins which are littered with XSS
and don't prepare their queries are, in fact, unsafe to use.

That said, we have tried our best to make it clear what that means. The
red box links to the explanation of the process, which states:
> This plugin should not be used unless very careful consideration is
> given to the vulnerabilities it probably contains and ways to mitigate
> them.
Which, I think, is generally good advice.

Harry