[wp-hackers] Using 'https_local_ssl_verify'

Ramiro mieco.virtual at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:08:51 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I'm having some troubles with a backup plugin. The author suggested to
use "'https_local_ssl_verify', '__return_false'" in my functions.php in
order to bypass the error (The HTTP response test get an error "Peer
certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates").

Mi question is, would this harm the regular use of the SSL certificate
for the rest of the web? (validation of logins for example)

Thanks.

Ramiro.-