[wp-hackers] i love wordpress support for php functions, but this what happens with every upgrade of jquery...

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Wed Oct 9 13:20:32 UTC 2013

Ah okay. That has nothing to do with jQuery but with jQuery UI. What are two different things.
From there I can see what you mean. After reading http://jqueryui.com/upgrade-guide/1.9/ I see that they did change a lot of things and I can understand you now.

I do have to say that all the breakage could have been prevented because the changes you described happened already in the jQuery UI version of WordPress 3.5. in jQuery UI 1.9.
The deprecated functions got removed in WordPress 3.6 because of jQuery UI 1.10. Maybe we should have waited to upgrade jQuery UI until 3.7 or 3.8 but I guess in both situation your slider would have been broken then.

I can understand how you feel in this situation but using external libraries isn't always easy. WordPress can't prevent those changes in jQuery UI, so we also test it really well if we upgrade it.

Marko

Op 9 okt. 2013, om 15:05 heeft Konrad Karpieszuk <kkarpieszuk at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: