[wp-hackers] getting user_id in buddypress profile page

BenderisGreat greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 23:22:35 UTC 2013

This is likely very simple, but I am having an issue with it.

I am using

<?php
	global $wpdb, $userdata, $current_user;
	$current_user = wp_get_current_user();
	$userid = $current_user->ID;
?>

I can echo out $userid and it shows the correct user ID, but when I put it
into the form submit;

$wpdb->insert(wp_jo_plugin_options, array (
		'user_id' => $userid,
		'length'  => $_POST['length'],
		'girth'  => $_POST['girth'],
		'date'    => $_POST['date'],

it just posts a 0 to the database.  Am I doing something wrong here?  It
seems very straight forward, never had an issue with such a simple task.
But trying to add this code to buddypress is a real hassle.