[wp-hackers] 3.7 auto-updates and remote management services

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 16:20:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm just finding time to look into remote management services like
ManageWP. I know, late to the party. But I dunno, is that a good thing
perhaps, what with 3.7 auto-updates?

I've read the Make WordPress Core post on auto-updates, and as far as
I can tell this could render that aspect of remote management
redundant. Any thoughts from people familiar with remote management
and the new 3.7 features?

I know ManageWP has a load of other great features, so I don't see
total redundancy. But I imagine the task of weighing options up is
changing radically with 3.7... ?

Cheers,

Steve Taylor