[wp-hackers] Looking for testers/contributors for multilingual plugin

Manuel Schmalstieg webdev at ms-studio.net
Sat Jun 29 14:46:07 UTC 2013

Nikola, thanks for contributing to that very important question.

As Marko says, having a feature comparison table is a great thing. Who
is maintaining that one?

There are some other multilanguage plugins that might be added to the survey:

Multisite Language Switcher (46'607 downloads)
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-language-switcher/

Multilingual Press (27'614 downloads)
by Inpsyde GmbH
http://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-press/
(there's also a paid version, Multilingual Press Pro)

Babble
by Simon Wheatley (Code for the People)
https://github.com/simonwheatley/babble

Anyone been using them?

For sure, providing solid solutions for multilingual websites is one
of the big upcoming challenges for WordPress.

Here's an interesting twitter discussion thread on that topic, featuring Nacin:
https://twitter.com/nacin/status/270975913754238976

Best,
Manuel