[wp-hackers] php 5.5.0 is out........

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Sat Jun 22 01:55:27 UTC 2013

Paolo Tresso wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 22/06/2013 alle 10.55 +1000, Daniel ha scritto:
>> I don't understand why people are still on php 5.2.
>
> Travis CI won't even test for PHP 5.2! :-)

Actually, although it's not documented any more, it will let you. The
Travis team were having some problems with building it so decided to
drop official support, but it looks like it's still working:

https://travis-ci.org/rmccue/Requests/jobs/8209092

The reason hosts are still on 5.2 is because they've been on it for a
while and they know it works. Changing that for their customers
inevitably means breaking things, so it's easy to see why they don't
upgrade faster.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>