[wp-hackers] On slug change, do something

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Tue Jul 30 14:41:49 UTC 2013

You're probably looking for the edit_terms action which fires just before the term slug is updated (keep in mind that one term can be in multiple taxonomies). This gets run in wp_update_term() in wp-includes/taxonomy.php.

This triggers every time a term is updated, you'll need to write some code to determine if the slug has actually changed or not.

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/
@nciske