[wp-hackers] Deleting a lot of posts/terms on plugin deactivation

Dobri dyordan1 at ramapo.edu
Mon Jul 1 13:00:19 UTC 2013

wp-cron fires up on page request only (kinda the only way with just PHP if you think hard enough) so yes, in a way it's synchronous but at the same time no, since wordpress fires up a separate non-blocking (asynchronous) request to wp-cron so as to not make the original request wait for time-consuming cron jobs if such happen to exist the moment someone accessed the server. You know, user experience and stuff. But yes, Chris had a good point, 0 visitors means no jobs being done. I've seen it happen but there are workarounds.

~Dobri