[wp-hackers] Strange post repetition issue

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Sat Dec 7 18:10:04 UTC 2013

This is really a support question, you should ask over on WP.org support
forums.

But the first question is to find out whether the posts are actually dupes
(are in the database like that) or is it a code problem.

Use PHPmySQL or some similar database tool and see if the posts are
actually duplicated in the database.  If they are, then there is a problem
with posting.  You're entering it several times?  Posting multiple
versions?  I don't know.

If they aren't in the database multiple times, then it's a display problem
 That's likely code in your "loop".  Or it could be the database server
spewing up multiples of the same record.  In any case, that's more of a
PHP issue.  There, I'd start with a good PHP debugger and step through the
loop and see if you are, in fact getting multiples of the same record each
time through the loop.