[wp-hackers] Creating / Inserting into Table named after WP Username

J.D. Grimes jdg at codesymphony.co
Sun Aug 25 15:49:39 UTC 2013

> The only reason I am doing it this way is because I want to have a
> historical record - Meaning show the whole table, including all rows, which
> will be dated and include several rows.  wp_usermeta only allows for one
> value per key and updating it results in the loss of the previous entry.
> That wont work for me.

I just wanted to add another comment on this. You *can* have multiple values for the same key in the usermeta table. There can be multiple rows with the same meta_key, and different meta_values. I just wanted to clarify that. So if you wanted to you could store all of your values in the usermeta table with duplicate keys, and add a date as part of the value for each record (as part of an array, for example). But it still sounds to me that in your case, a separate table with a date column would be better.